Residential Real Estate

Single-Family Homes, Townhouses and Condominiums: Residential Property

Residential property may include any structure or land that is meant for private housing. As opposed to commercial property, which may be used for offices, hotels or industrial properties, residential property may include single-family homes, condominiums and townhouses. Different laws and procedures apply to residential real estate transactions, zoning, landlord-tenant issues and litigation than apply to commercial property.

Due to the myriad of issues you may face and the fact that your needs may vary depending on your goals and financial situation, it is helpful to gain a clear understanding of your rights and responsibilities as they pertain to your residential real estate matter. A lawyer may play an important role in this, not only educating you on your rights, options and what to expect but protecting your interests through your transaction or dispute in order to help you reach a swift, positive resolution.

How a Residential Real Estate Attorney Can Help

Whether you are selling a home or are a prospective homebuyer, renter or landlord, there are particular issues that you may have to deal with. A residential real estate attorney can provide much needed guidance in virtually any area of concern, such as:

  • Completing a real estate transaction, such as a residential property purchase or sale.
  • Drafting and reviewing a residential lease or rental agreement.
  • Addressing matters related to zoning and land use.
  • Aiding in the resolution of a dispute with a neighbor regarding property boundaries.
  • Handling a homeowners' association dispute or lawsuit.
  • Title and deed reviews to ensure there are no issues with property ownership or transfer.
  • Protecting your rights and explaining your options in the face of foreclosure.
  • Handling negotiations or litigation related to a construction-related matter.
  • Resolving conflict related to property defects.

For help with your residential real estate matter, find a real estate lawyer in your area.